Spotify: Free or Not?


                                                    Related image
                       
     Music plays a big role in my life, just like the lives of many other individuals. I can use it as an outlet to get my feelings out or to clear my mind when dealing with certain situations. There is never a moment when I am not listening to music. I listen to my favorite artists by gathering them into one huge playlist on a popular app known as Spotify. Spotify is quick to download and enables one to tune in to music at whatever point they please. I believe that is the reason I just use Spotify because I can easily hear my top tracks, but also because it is simply accessible and is of no expense. That is the means by which the creators draw their users in- a free app. 

     Likewise with all things, nothing is ever actually free. When you download the app and plug in your earbuds, an advertisement will be pop up in the middle when transitioning from song to song. Here’s where Spotify Premium becomes an integral factor. The app will visually include a promotion that pose inquiries like:  “Love unlimited music? Premium's for you” or the common question of ”Want unlimited music without any ads?" In addition, their visuals portray why Premium is better, showing a picture of a customer looking happy, as they are able to play any song at anytime without any restrictions or ads with Premium. The response from a user would be "yes," which indicates how the company profits by reaching out to people who think they frantically need to pay to get rid of these promotional notices. 

     On numerous events, I have been enticed to tap the “Try Premium" button, so I won't be compelled to hear the representative of the advertisement. However in a flash, I reconsider how much I would need to pay every month. The more one uses Spotify Premium, the month to month expense will expand from 99 cents to a loads of dollars. Of course, the 30-60 day trial can be dropped anytime, yet it exhibits how music businesses focus on the individuals who fall into the device of what is considered as a “really good offer.” I like other people am tricked effectively by free or limited things. I even succumbed to Spotify's 99 cent trial. Indeed, I have to say, it was so good to not be interrupted by every one of those advertisements. Thus, I continue to use Spotify Premium. But now I am wondering if I actually am saving my money as the advertisement said I would.  

     Spotify gives the message that customers who upgrade to Spotify Premium will get more benefits. For example, they have the ability to play their music any place and anytime. Despite the fact that individuals comprehend that those benefits win only in our minds. Regardless we keep on believing that companies are doing this for the good of us, instead for the benefit of themselves. Besides our gullible convictions, media's sole reason for existing is to gain benefits  from what they make off of their users through advertising. Getting something free is so engaging regardless of whether you aren't really saving money. Brands can make such a great amount of benefit with their promotions since individuals simply feel like they need the item given it's a decent offer. If Spotify had no promotions, at that point there would be no need to purchase Premium. The word “Premium” additionally has some profound implications. In my mind I think extravagance, however close to no advertisements there isn't much else Spotify Premium gives you. It's everything only a little made up to get you to waste your money each month, which is what they want.





Comments

  1. I agree that music plays a huge role in most teenager’s lives. For me, whenever I walk somewhere or ride my bike I always listen to music. Spotify is smart to have non stop ads in their music unless you pay for the “premium feature.” This markets not only Spotify premium, but all kinds of other products that appeal to teenagers. Something that I connected this to was the commercials we watched in zero period. Like the PINK commercials that tried to sell a lifestyle, I think Spotify is trying to sell a lifestyle saying that your life will be so much happier if you get Spotify Premium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music has an impact on almost everyone's lives. Spotify has become one of the biggest music platforms partly because it does allow for a free option instead of paying a monthly fee. The only way that they are able to offer this is because of the ads that are advertised in between songs. Companies will pay Spotify to advertise their business which allows Spotify to still make money even when people aren't paying for their music. Spotify knows that many people will deal with a few ads every once in awhile instead of paying for the premium option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pain having to listen to music interrupted constantly by people so bad at acting that it actually hurts to listen to their fake conversations about recommending a premium service. It's more of a pain, however, to constantly have my music interrupted. While I guess Spotify is justified in monetizing its one and only service in some way, I think it's the aggressiveness of it through the frequency of the ads that forces people to buy it. For me, the connotations of premium and the word choice in their banners painting premium as a positive experience don't have nearly as much of an effect as simply wanting to enjoy my music in peace. And that is what I believe Spotify's main marketing strategy to be here. They take a bit of what they already give you, that being the ability to listen to music, and pester you with ads for their only product, the ability to listen to music, but this time in peace. They're essentially taking a slice of a cake they baked for you and offering it back, but for 5 bucks a month. The positivity and use of word connotation with "premium" is just the cherry on top of that annoying cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage is the New Modern

You Don't Mess With the Mommies